Collectors Universe, Inc.
COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC (Form: 4, Received: 08/03/2009 19:29:17)
FORM 4
[ ] Check this box if no longer subject to Section 16. Form 4 or Form 5 obligations may continue. See Instruction 1(b).         
UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549

STATEMENT OF CHANGES IN BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP OF SECURITIES
                                                                                  
OMB APPROVAL
OMB Number: 3235-0287
Expires: February 28, 2011
Estimated average burden
hours per response...
0.5
                      
Filed pursuant to Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Section 17(a) of the Public
Utility Holding Company Act of 1935 or Section 30(f) of the Investment Company Act of 1940
                      

1. Name and Address of Reporting Person *

Wallace Joseph John
2. Issuer Name and Ticker or Trading Symbol

COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC [ CLCT ]
5. Relationship of Reporting Person(s) to Issuer (Check all applicable)

_____ Director                      _____ 10% Owner
__ X __ Officer (give title below)      _____ Other (specify below)
Chief Financial Officer
(Last)          (First)          (Middle)

COLLECTORS UNIVERSE, INC., P.O. BOX 6280
3. Date of Earliest Transaction (MM/DD/YYYY)

7/31/2009
(Street)

NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
(City)        (State)        (Zip)
4. If Amendment, Date Original Filed (MM/DD/YYYY)

 
6. Individual or Joint/Group Filing (Check Applicable Line)

_ X _ Form filed by One Reporting Person
___ Form filed by More than One Reporting Person

Table I - Non-Derivative Securities Acquired, Disposed of, or Beneficially Owned
1.Title of Security
(Instr. 3)
2. Trans. Date 2A. Deemed Execution Date, if any 3. Trans. Code
(Instr. 8)
4. Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed of (D)
(Instr. 3, 4 and 5)
5. Amount of Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s)
(Instr. 3 and 4)
6. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 7. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V Amount (A) or (D) Price
Common Stock   7/31/2009     A    50517   (1) A $0   56567   (2) D    

Table II - Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned ( e.g. , puts, calls, warrants, options, convertible securities)
1. Title of Derivate Security
(Instr. 3)
2. Conversion or Exercise Price of Derivative Security 3. Trans. Date 3A. Deemed Execution Date, if any 4. Trans. Code
(Instr. 8)
5. Number of Derivative Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed of (D)
(Instr. 3, 4 and 5)
6. Date Exercisable and Expiration Date 7. Title and Amount of Securities Underlying Derivative Security
(Instr. 3 and 4)
8. Price of Derivative Security
(Instr. 5)
9. Number of derivative Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s) (Instr. 4) 10. Ownership Form of Derivative Security: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 11. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V (A) (D) Date Exercisable Expiration Date Title Amount or Number of Shares

Explanation of Responses:
( 1)  Awarded under the Issuer?s 2006 Equity Incentive Plan (which is a Section 16b-3 plan). Of these shares, 25% will vest immediately. The remaining 75% of the shares will be forfeited, in their entirety, if the Company fails to achieve, for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2010, an operating income goal that has been established by the Compensation Committee. If that goal is achieved, then (i) another 25% of the shares will vest (that is, will cease to be subject to the risk of forfeiture) as a result of the achievement of that goal and (ii) the remaining 50% of the shares will vest in two equal annual installments on June 30, 2011 and 2012, respectively, in each case provided that the Reporting Person is still in the Issuer?s service on such date.
( 2)  5,500 of the previously-reported shares were retroactively adjusted for the 10% stock dividend issued on November 3, 2008 to all of the Company's shareholders.

Reporting Owners
Reporting Owner Name / Address
Relationships
Director 10% Owner Officer Other
Wallace Joseph John
COLLECTORS UNIVERSE, INC.
P.O. BOX 6280
NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658


Chief Financial Officer

Signatures
Christine Kakour 8/3/2009
** Signature of Reporting Person Date


Reminder: Report on a separate line for each class of securities beneficially owned directly or indirectly.
* If the form is filed by more than one reporting person, see Instruction 4(b)(v).
** Intentional misstatements or omissions of facts constitute Federal Criminal Violations. See 18 U.S.C. 1001 and 15 U.S.C. 78ff(a).
Note: File three copies of this Form, one of which must be manually signed. If space is insufficient, see Instruction 6 for procedure.
Persons who respond to the collection of information contained in this form are not required to respond unless the form displays a currently valid OMB control number.